We are looking for an Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to oversee and carry out the routine and reactive maintenance PPM’s to include but not limited to AHU filters, belt changes, pumps & motors, pipework and valves, basic controls & BMS, temperature checks, weekly visual plant inspections and small mechanical installations. Some basic electrical knowledge would also be advantageous. We aim to provide comfort, sanitation and safety within the facilities meeting client expectations all in accordance with HVCA engineering standards and health & safety at work act and company procedures.
The role will support the maintenance team and facilities co-ordinator in the delivery of maintenance to our clients throughout the portfolio, implement minor works and control routine, plant and equipment maintenance and failures, liaise with contractors and general day to day operation of the relevant sites. Assist the helpdesk with ordering parts and materials, liaising with suppliers for quotations to assist the facilities co-ordinator. The correct planning of procedures and maintain site records in accordance with best practice.
The right candidate will be good organisation skills, self-motivated and the ability to work unsupervised within the company procedures.
The role will be based on Monday to Friday day working. The right candidate should be self-motivated and capable of working alone. The job role available is based in and around London and we may ask from time to time to attend and carry out the maintenance at various other sites throughout our portfolio.
Basic computer software skills will be required, we use a bespoke online database system which allocates the daily, weekly and monthly PPM checks along with any reactive emergency jobs, and introduction and database training will be given. All engineers will be issued with a telephone handset (where applicable) which must be kept on site, you must be available to respond to a client’s call or emergency whilst on site which will be co-ordinated via the facilities co-ordinator and helpdesk. All technicians will supply their own basic tools, large tools will be supplied by the company.
• To supervise the carrying out general maintenance to HTMs and SFG20
• To carry out repairs and fault finding to mechanical services, heating and plumbing systems and appliances.
• Changing filters and belts on various AHU’s and pumps.
• To liaise with clients and premises management concerning the timing and progress of PPM and reactive work.
• To undertake, where necessary, associated work including minor building repairs as identified on site.
• To identify, from inspection, materials required to carry out repair or installation to the required standard.
• To ensure the safe handling and storage of all plant and equipment, including regular checks to meet manufacturer’s requirements.
• To participate in the out of hours emergency calls if requested by management.
• To undertake all work in accordance with health and safety policy statement and safe working procedures.
• Ensure that telephone enquiries are dealt with in a friendly and professional manner, taking messages where appropriate, acting as an interface between supplier, client and employees to the Director to include answering routine queries.
• To assist the team in maintaining PPM maintenance throughout the portfolio.
• Perform water tests, temperature checks…
• To carry out basic repairs and fault finding to electrical and lighting systems if appropriately qualified and experienced to do so.
• Any other duties as requested by the management team.
Technical Skills/ Knowledge
• A good general education, to GCSE or equivalent to include GCSE English and mathematics qualification.
• Technical trade qualification minimum NVQ, C&G etc and relevant apprenticeship/training.
• Previous experience in a supervisory role.
• Understanding of COSHH regulations.
• Passport to safety
• Enhanced DBS
• Full UK licence
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Good telephone manner required.
• Ability to organise and prioritise own and teams workload and recognise the priorities in the workload.
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point.
• Ability and willingness to learn new skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proactive approach to identify and resolve issues.
• Promote a “can do” attitude
• A good team leader
• Good communicator
• Good telephone skills, an ability to speak clearly and project commitment to the users.
• Must have a confident, professional approach
• Must have a flexible attitude to working
• Smart, professional appearance
• An efficient and accurate approach to work with an eye for detail
• Dependable and willing to work as part of a team, supporting and working with all functions.
• Ability to tackle both the mundane and challenging and interesting tasks with equal willingness and enthusiasm
• Proactive and can work on own initiative
• Must be based within easy travelling distance to the place of work
3 months ago