Our client is a leading global organisation and they have a requirement for a Facilities Engineering Manager to join the team where he or she will provide the technical expertise to plan, coordinate and manage the Data Centre’s equipment, systems and infrastructure to ensure operational excellence; with safety and reduction of risk being of paramount importance
- Plan, implement, coordinate and oversees all mechanical/ electrical operations, maintenance and energy management programmes; ensuring risk is minimised and all works are compliant with safe systems of work
- Take the technical lead in event of emergencies and other incidents
- Acceptance and approval of all works on site including permits to work control
- Act as HV and LV Senior Approved Person
- Part of call out rota
- In charge of toolbox talks and scenario training
- Lead control of Vendors including log books
- Ensure Compliance with record keeping for relevant accreditations
- Involved on a day to day basis with use of financial systems in respect of ordering / cost control and follow up with repairs and remedial works.
Management/ control of works
- Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated with the raised floor environment including fire/life safety, plumbing, mechanical, bonding, wire ways, and electrical systems and equipment.
- Plan, implement, coordinate and supervise all mechanical/electrical operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment.
- Manage, direct, and coordinate the activities of contracted personnel or third parties who are providing services or performing work within the assigned property and ensure all method statements and permits are in order.
- Oversee scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Ensure that reactive and preventive maintenance activities are appropriately balanced; monitors current and deferred maintenance backlogs; adjusts priorities and/or resources as needed and ensures that deferred maintenance is adequately documented.
- Recommend/implement improvements to the preventive maintenance program on an on-going basis. Devise technical enhancements to improve various aspects of building operations.
- Recommend what work should be insourced or subcontracted consult with Senior Manager when making decisions on major changes.
- Utilizes maximum capabilities of CMMS control system. Ensures that all appropriate data is entered into the CMMS system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of each building system.
- Monitor all allocations of building system capabilities to various base building and tenant needs.
- Act as primary technical resource for Site Engineers, Property Management and various groups.
Safety and Compliance
- Ensure that team receives adequate technical, administrative, scenario and any other training as required with local code
- Coordinate development of and/or maintain as-built drawings.
- Evaluate, assign and monitor the safe work responsibilities and capabilities of employees and contractors; ensure adherence to safety requirements and prescribed procedures, as well as utilization of protective equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory Health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable all local codes, government agencies, ISO standards 9001, 14001, 27001, 50001 and all other DLR directives as they relate to building operations
Emergency response and escalation
- Coordinate maintenance efforts and build relationships with all critical vendors. Track all vendors’ performance through KPI and regular meetings.
- Maintain ongoing communication with tenants, owners, property management.
Cost control / finances
- Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fires, evacuation, equipment failure, call outs etc.) and customer concerns and to be available to work outside normal hour, night’s weekend when required.
- To be part of a call out rota as required
- Implement and administer inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
- Maintain regular meetings with other departments during any construction or fit out works on site, to ensure there is minimal or no risk to the day to day operations. Once complete ensure works are complete and commissioned in accordance with or clients standards.
- Maintain cost effective and efficient operation of all building systems.
- Understand the budgeting process and work with the DCM and Property Management team on tracking, managing operational and capital project and expenditure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative, but not exclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keys to Success:
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three years of related experience and/or training preferred. In lieu of a BA/BS degree, must have six or more year’s related experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Recognized formal electrical training (City and Guilds etc).
- Experience and Knowledge of Operation of Critical Building infrastructure (Electrical, Mechanical and Building Fabric)
AP15 course and experience as an HV Authorised Person
Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret complex project documents; AutoCAD, Visio, and PDF documents. Ability to project manage effectively. Ability to develop installation standards and project tracking/management documents. Ability to effectively respond, verbally or written, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective presentations and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Requires a high level of commitment to customer service, whether co-workers or clients.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with many groups and disciplines within our clients organisation.
- Must be self-driven, well organized and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Reliable, setting high standards of personal commitment