As an Operations Engineer you will be required to give our customers the best in class quality service. You will provide on-site corrective/preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support to existing water treatment chemical customers.
Key Responsibilities will include;
Do I have what it takes?
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with customers.
- Provide service, chemical treatment analysis, monitoring and account management to existing customers/contracts.
- Provide Legionella control and ensure customer compliance with ACOP L8.
- Provide customer recommendations for best working practises.
- Gather information in preparation for client review meetings.
- Review site water services risk assessment.
- Gather site information and compile site log books for customers, maintain and audit
- Initiate water treatment program on new accounts and commission new dosing/control installations.
- Provide site operator training on the use of Hydrex products and Legionella awareness training.
- Completion of risk assessments work reports, and all other documentation.
In addition can you say ‘yes’ to the following questions?
- A HNC or degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or Chemistry qualification or similar or qualified by experience.
- GCSE or equivalent – English and Maths.
- A full UK driving license is required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of chemical water treatment would be an advantage e.g. cooling tower management, boiler optimisation.
- Experience of having worked as an Operations/Service Engineer or in a Technical Support role or laboratory experience would be an advantage.
- Passionate about providing a first class service to our customers.
- Able to handle challenging conversations with customers and find a resolution.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrable experience of having built strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- A good level of IT competency
- Good organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks.
What's in it for me?
- Are you self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative?
- Are you a team player?
- Are you calm under pressure and able to manage customer and colleague expectations?
A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop within Veolia; this may include external training as required for the role.
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Fuel Card - optional
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
And also.....Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Shopping discounts and much more.
(*Benefits are based on probation and length of service)