Do you wake up in the morning excited about helping your customers exploit the latest developments in ? Do you have broad and deep experience in the business and technical aspects of cloud computing? Do you have rich experience understanding and influencing technology choices, and building programs to remove obstacles to adoption with public sector customers (governments, educational institutions, and non-profits)? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve greater innovation and efficiency through IT modernization and cloud technologies? Can you help business leaders and technologists adopt new cloud services? Working side by side with sales and technical leaders, you will be responsible for helping customers create new services, new capabilities, and decrease cost by adopting Internet of Things solutions. You'll be a champion for your specialisations, well connected within your industry, and eager to support other teams in developing their knowledge. As an ideal candidate, you will have the opportunity to use your expertise to the fullest extent. You will be developing the adoption and growth strategy for EMEA Public Sector customers in their use of Connected Devices. Calling upon your diverse technical, IT management, or engineering background, as well as your knowledge of cloud computing, industry trends, and business development. This role is wide ranging and gives you an opportunity to get involved in a wide variety of projects, work, and customers - and everything you do will allow your passion for exceptional customer service to shine through. You will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast paced environment, and have outstanding teamwork skills. You will bring a passion for invention and innovation, will be comfortable defining a way forward in the face of ambiguity, and will have the ability to scale and influence broadly. You will be part of the Technical Business Development team which is spread across Europe. You will be based in an Amazon EMEA office location (London preferred but not limited to), and will travel regularly within Europe and occasionally internationally, for internal meetings, customer visits, and industry events. Examples of the of work you could do: · Taking a technical lead role in the design and implementation of your services in large or complex customer opportunities. · · Defining a go-to-market strategy for the adoption and growth of your services and technologies. · Updating the sales and account management teams on industry developments and customer use-cases. · Helping a customer understand and plan for a migration into the cloud, and feeding back ideas for new features to our service teams. · Speaking at an event as a subject matter expert and technical representative for AWS. · Using your expertise to work with sales and account teams to propose original mechanisms to strengthen the pipeline of customer adoption and growth in your technology. · Working with the TechBD community across AWS to ensure that Public Sector customer needs are represented. · Identifying and remove or mitigate customer challenges in adopting these technologies, and demonstrating how AWS solutions can help them to deliver new services and capabilities to their own customers. · Working with partners, internal teams, and customers to determine the best use-cases, deployment methods, and adoption strategises of Connected Device technologies. · Work closely with global WWPS account teams and sales and technical leadership to build programs that accelerate adoption of Internet of Things, including generating technical content and white papers and presenting at internal and external events. · Work with local and global sales and Marketing teams to design and implement adoption and growth campaigns for Internet of Things solutions and associated workloads. · Be an active part of the global TechBD community and maintain strong links with your counterparts in WWPS and the Commercial teams around the world. · Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market. · Finally, as a customer obsessed technology expert, there will be a multitude of other exciting opportunities to get involved with from the largest to the smallest.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· An established career in technical leadership, product management, or business development. · In-depth experience in computer assisted research projects, ideally with experience in exploiting AWS/Cloud to accelerate outcomes. · Hands-on experience and a strong conceptual understanding of the principles and operation of public cloud computing services, Amazon Web Services preferred. · Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or related technical degree, or equivalent experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Understanding of funding paths, sources and constraints for academic research teams · Experience with embarrassingly parallel workloads in a distributed environment · Experience with sharing large data sets across multiple research teams / organisations · Deep and broad experience with cloud computing and distributed systems. · Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. · Demonstrated ability to build and scale programs that remove blockers to customer adoption and accelerate adoption. · Strong organizational, presentation, and writing skills. · Masters degree or PhD in relevant business, computer science, or engineering disciplines. · European language skills.
United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom
8 months ago
Our client, a major player in Facilities management with various prestigious contracts all over the UK is seeking for a unique individual to appoint as their new GENERAL MANAGER The General Manager will be responsible for the entire operations of Facilities Management Company by providing effective leadership to the Facilities Team by taking responsibility for strategy, staff management, key stakeholder and business relationships, financial and project management. Be involved in and have expertise in various fields such as Sales & Marketing, planning, budgeting, facility and maintenance, engineering, development, organization, and evaluation of strategic business goals and objectives of the company. Key Responsibilities
- Achieve the Company financial, operational and growth goals.
- Develop and optimise Company policies, processes, standards and management system.
- Create and implement business development strategies and oversee activities that ensure the contract delivers to acceptable quality, safety standards and budgetary standards
- Review services proposals and plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects on time and on target.
- Review purchases and procurement and maximize Company gain on best prices and terms and Conditions.
- Review all Contracts and secure Company interests are well guarded.
- Oversee activities of designated services to ensure that goals are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Oversee work plans and resources for each phase of services contracts, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of personnel
- Prepare the annual budget and ensure targets are adhered to.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with customers, employees, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to review on-going operations, trouble-shoot areas needing corrective action, issues related to employees, etc.
- Comply with all applicable rules and regulations of the local authorities and statutory requirements.
- Bachelor Degree / Master Degree in Engineering / Facilities Management preferred
- A minimum of 12 years’ facility management experience
- 3 Years’ experience in a General Manager role or multiple leading roles such as Operations, Sales, or Projects in a Facilities Management company
- Demonstrated success in project management and team execution
- Knowledge in Facility Management Services and Maintenance
- Excellent communications skills in English.
- Strong Sales and Marketing Background and display a “go get them” attitude
- Posse excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills and team building skills
- Possess ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to guide employees toward goal achievement
- Possess proven experience working effectively with people of all social, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrate ability to express ideas clearly in written documents and presentations
- Possess strong analytical, organizational, management and computer skills.
We are looking for leaders now, who are coming in qualified to help and manage our clients civils team. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years’ experience with knowledge of Highways and Drainage design, and competence of Section’s 104, 278 and 38. We are seeking an experienced Principal Infrastructure Engineer to head up our Civils Team. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years’ experience with knowledge of Highways and Drainage design, and competence of Section’s 104, 278 and 38. The core purpose of the role is ensuring that best Civil engineering design practices are applied within the office and to assist the Directors with improving design services and operational efficiency. In addition, maintain the existing client base as well as generate new clients and areas of work. Main Duties: Delivery of a high standard of civil engineering consultancy services and contributing to the continued growth of the business including but not limited to;
- The output of civil engineering work of the company including site work and report writing.
- Civil engineering services including Highways to relevant council standards, Drainage to sewers for adoption to 6 & 7th addition, and BRE digest and CIRA design guides.
- Design access statements to local design standards.
- Review of site investigations/surveys and reports relating to pavement design
- Project management including the preparation of quotations for professional services and investigations, scheduling of work for delivery on time/budget/quality.
- Development of the civil engineering section of company, including marketing and developing services within this sector and assisting development of other services provided by the company.
- Continuing Professional development of self and staff working within your field of expertise, maintaining CPD records necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
- Training and development of junior staff within the company and within the area of your own expertise
- Assisting the company directors in improving company efficiency, technical systems, specifications etc. Main responsibilities:
- Preparation of fee quotations for approval of directors.
- Planning and management of civil engineering design services and related work - ensuring delivery to time and budget.
- Adhering to all company systems, procedures, work instructions.
- All other reasonable instructions from directors.
- ▪ Report writing
- ▪ Site investigations
- ▪ Civil engineering design
- ▪ Foundation design
- ▪ Slope stability
- ▪ AutoCad/Civils 3D
- ▪ Micro-drainage
- ▪ Contract law
- ▪ Contaminated land investigation/remediation
- ▪ Drainage
- ▪ Highway engineering
- ▪ SUDs