- Experience in property - dealing with maintenance - 2 years minimum.
- Customer Service
- Confidence in using information systems, databases and spreadsheets.
- Mon - Fri
- A little flex
- There are 9 people in the property dept.
- Autonomous role
- Will be reporting to the Diocesan Surveyor
- face-to-face panel interview
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Authoring and supporting development, writing, and editing of a variety of materials for proposals concerned with business impact, technology management and technical contributions for collaborative R&D funding
- Conduct market research and analysis to the level of detail required to demonstrate sufficient impact for a fundable project
- Research competing technical solutions in order to formulate a cogent thesis for the proposed solution
- Write high quality, interdisciplinary research proposals
- Assisting with ideas generation workshops to create innovation concepts and solutions for our clients and carrying out due diligence/techno-economic feasibility of resulting ideas
- Authoring detailed and well-structured research and development proposals that meet the eligibility criteria
- Liaising with suitable industrial and academic partners to gather information for submission of research proposals
- Ensuring proposals are prepared, initially assessed and submitted to the required standard and deadlines
- Review, edit and improve bid and proposal documents
- Communicate effectively with technical staff, industrial clients and research partners Person Specification:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) in a scientific, technical or business discipline
- Experience or keen interest in commercial factors related to new product development
- Strong persuasive writing skills, preferably demonstrated by a proven track record of proposal / bid writing
- Knowledge of commercial and public funding proposals (e.g. FP7, H2020, Innovate UK) is preferable
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects to meet deadlines
- A passion for writing, an eye for detail and high quality standards
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· An established career in technical leadership, product management, or business development. · In-depth experience in computer assisted research projects, ideally with experience in exploiting AWS/Cloud to accelerate outcomes. · Hands-on experience and a strong conceptual understanding of the principles and operation of public cloud computing services, Amazon Web Services preferred. · Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or related technical degree, or equivalent experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Understanding of funding paths, sources and constraints for academic research teams · Experience with embarrassingly parallel workloads in a distributed environment · Experience with sharing large data sets across multiple research teams / organisations · Deep and broad experience with cloud computing and distributed systems. · Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. · Demonstrated ability to build and scale programs that remove blockers to customer adoption and accelerate adoption. · Strong organizational, presentation, and writing skills. · Masters degree or PhD in relevant business, computer science, or engineering disciplines. · European language skills.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience. · Analytical skills, excellent communication, strong team ethic, and attention to detail. · Demonstrable success in launching projects and delivering results. · Strong experience managing software engineering teams and developing technical direct reports. · Hands-on and technical: Solid systems design, problem solving, ability to code, and contribute to on-going development and development practices. · Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Msc in Computer science or Computer Engineering · Domain experience building and operating services · Experience of systems and processes to validate and assert quality of consumer electronics devices · A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
Data Centre Engineering Manager – London Docklands – Client Direct – 70K A leading data centre company is currently looking to recruit a data centre engineering manager for one of their data centre’s based in Docklands, London.
The Data Centre Engineering Manager will be responsible for co-ordinating and overseeing all aspects of the data centre assets. This includes oversight of all operational, financial and customer activities and will ensures that all company policies and procedures are being implemented in the data centre.
The Data Centre Manager will also ensure that all customer support, engineering and security groups are all performing to expected levels and provide leadership and oversight across these teams.
The benefits of the role are as follows: • Monday – Friday 8-5 (extra hours as and when required) • Salary circa 70K • Pension • Healthcare • Bonus The main responsibilities of the role are as follows: • Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment including fire/life safety, mechanical and electrical systems. • Plan, implement, co-ordinate and supervise all mechanical/electrical operations, maintenance and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment. • Understand and utilize maximum capabilities of all operational systems, including BMS, CMMS, etc. • Oversee scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
• Recommend/implement improvements to the preventive maintenance programme on an on-going basis. • Devise technical enhancements to improve various aspects of building operations. • Work with Technical Operations to ensure that best practice is being adopted and that a common approach is in place. • Ensure that the site team engineers are trained and competent to act as the first line response unit in the event of a fault in the site plant or infrastructure to minimise the potential for, and frequency of, outages. • Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of each building system. • Identify and recommend operational improvements to be implemented on site. • Ensure that all compliance and standards are implemented across the site. • Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fires, evacuation, equipment failure, call outs, etc.) and customer concerns and to be available to work outside normal hours, nights and weekends when required. • Review any service failures and produce incident reports when required. • Liaise with the Client Service Manager, Asset Management and Technical Operations. • Recruit, manage and develop site team. • Maintain a motivated and engaged team. • Set team targets and manage/monitor performance. • Adhere to Company policies and procedures and act as a champion in embedding these into day-to-day operations. Applicants for the role must be able to meet the following criteria: • Fully electrically or mechanically qualified to a recognised standard C&G, HND, or HNC • Significant experience of knowledge of critical building infrastructure (e.g. UPS, Generators, BMS, HV/LV systems and switching, cooling systems, etc.) • Previous Data Centre / Critical environment experience • Planning, organising and prioritising skills • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Ability to work under pressure and keep calm in a crisis • Previous experience managing a small team • Experience of coaching, training and developing a team both technical and non-technical • Experience of dealing with customer problems in difficult circumstances • Experience of implementing cost controls • Appreciation of the data centre and co-location sector • Computer-literacy/IT skills – email, data entry, excel, power point, word • Positive ‘can-do’ and flexible attitude to work • Excellent team player • Ability to diagnose and resolve customer technical problems • To produce work to a consistently high standard • Capability to work independently and as part of a team • Work well under pressure and to deadlines/targets • Ability to train others in use of procedures • Ability to meet and exceed targets and customers’ expectations • Ability to know when to support colleagues
- 2 years project management experience in Mechanical and Engineering (E)
- Experience of Prince 2 or a HND, Diploma, or Degree in project management (or equivalent experience) (E)
- Experience of ensuring H&S Compliance (E)
- Flexible (occasional out of hours work may be required) (E)
- Right to Live and Work in the UK
About the roleWe’re building a marketplace that enables families to find and share high quality nannies. As an engineer on the team, you’ll be designing and building tech to make complex matching problems a breeze, to give families and nannies a solution that just works, and to supercharge our nanny recruitment and training processes. You’ll be working in Ruby for most of the backend, with Rails, PostgreSQL and Redis making up the majority of our core product. You’ll be using modern frontend tooling, with ES6, React and Tachyons. When it comes to shipping code, you’ll be sending pull requests and doing code reviews in GitHub, and checking that CircleCI is happy before anything goes live. You’ll mostly be deploying to Heroku, with some heavy lifting on AWS. (That said, our priority is making sure we’re using the right tools for the job and we’re open to adding to or changing up our tech and tooling as appropriate.) We’re continuously improving our product, building key features that will move the needle in a big way. Instead of an endless product roadmap, we run short development cycles to test assumptions and make smart decisions quickly. We favour feature flags over staging environments and deploy to production as often as we need to; deployment cycles shouldn’t get in the way of delivering value. As an engineer on the team, you’ll work closely with product and operations to find and build creative solutions for business problems and make sure we’re delivering the most value to our customers.
About youYou’re a mid-level or experienced generalist or backend web developer who thrives in small, fast-moving engineering teams. Essential
- Familiarity with web application development
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- You take pride in writing readable, well-designed and well-tested software
- You’re keen to pair program when appropriate, and generally enjoy a culture of code review
- You’re humble, you lap up feedback, and you want to learn
- You roll with it. You understand that startups are unpredictable environments, and are comfortable with a degree of chaos
- You own it. You take responsibility for your work from start to finish
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- You practice test-driven development
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Developer bootcamp graduate with at least one year of software engineering experience in industry
- New graduate in Computer Science or related field and a couple of software engineering internships
- Experienced software engineer with a number of years in industry