Data Centre Engineering Manager – London Docklands – Client Direct – 70K A leading data centre company is currently looking to recruit a data centre engineering manager for one of their data centre’s based in Docklands, London.
The Data Centre Engineering Manager will be responsible for co-ordinating and overseeing all aspects of the data centre assets. This includes oversight of all operational, financial and customer activities and will ensures that all company policies and procedures are being implemented in the data centre.
The Data Centre Manager will also ensure that all customer support, engineering and security groups are all performing to expected levels and provide leadership and oversight across these teams.
The benefits of the role are as follows: • Monday – Friday 8-5 (extra hours as and when required) • Salary circa 70K • Pension • Healthcare • Bonus The main responsibilities of the role are as follows: • Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment including fire/life safety, mechanical and electrical systems. • Plan, implement, co-ordinate and supervise all mechanical/electrical operations, maintenance and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment. • Understand and utilize maximum capabilities of all operational systems, including BMS, CMMS, etc. • Oversee scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
• Recommend/implement improvements to the preventive maintenance programme on an on-going basis. • Devise technical enhancements to improve various aspects of building operations. • Work with Technical Operations to ensure that best practice is being adopted and that a common approach is in place. • Ensure that the site team engineers are trained and competent to act as the first line response unit in the event of a fault in the site plant or infrastructure to minimise the potential for, and frequency of, outages. • Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of each building system. • Identify and recommend operational improvements to be implemented on site. • Ensure that all compliance and standards are implemented across the site. • Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fires, evacuation, equipment failure, call outs, etc.) and customer concerns and to be available to work outside normal hours, nights and weekends when required. • Review any service failures and produce incident reports when required. • Liaise with the Client Service Manager, Asset Management and Technical Operations. • Recruit, manage and develop site team. • Maintain a motivated and engaged team. • Set team targets and manage/monitor performance. • Adhere to Company policies and procedures and act as a champion in embedding these into day-to-day operations. Applicants for the role must be able to meet the following criteria: • Fully electrically or mechanically qualified to a recognised standard C&G, HND, or HNC • Significant experience of knowledge of critical building infrastructure (e.g. UPS, Generators, BMS, HV/LV systems and switching, cooling systems, etc.) • Previous Data Centre / Critical environment experience • Planning, organising and prioritising skills • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Ability to work under pressure and keep calm in a crisis • Previous experience managing a small team • Experience of coaching, training and developing a team both technical and non-technical • Experience of dealing with customer problems in difficult circumstances • Experience of implementing cost controls • Appreciation of the data centre and co-location sector • Computer-literacy/IT skills – email, data entry, excel, power point, word • Positive ‘can-do’ and flexible attitude to work • Excellent team player • Ability to diagnose and resolve customer technical problems • To produce work to a consistently high standard • Capability to work independently and as part of a team • Work well under pressure and to deadlines/targets • Ability to train others in use of procedures • Ability to meet and exceed targets and customers’ expectations • Ability to know when to support colleagues
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Bachelor’s Degree. · 6+ years’ experience assisting at the executive level in a fast-paced environment and delivering operational excellence. · Experience working across a wide range of stakeholders including senior executives. · Strong working knowledge with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint. · Experience with domestic and international travel coordination. · Experience handling administrative details, while exercising sound business judgment in keeping team members informed as necessary. · Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines. · Experience handling confidential information and dealing with professionals inside and outside of the company. · Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Experience in Talent Acquisition and HR teams is preferred. · Ability to demonstrate composure under pressure. Looks immediately for resolution to challenges. · Takes initiative without being asked and shows a sense of urgency. · Willing to do administrative work to get the project done. · Values frugality and efficiency, uses resources wisely and creatively. · Able to function well in loosely structured situations with minimal direction. · Effectively handles multiple projects or tasks at the same time. · Shares information that helps others to help them do their job well. Keeps others in the loop. Fosters cross-functional and cross business teamwork. Builds and promotes team morale. · Develops and maintains good working relationships with others. Builds trust and rapport. Practices and promotes involvement and cooperation.
Victorious Job Search Ltd
- Plan, implement, coordinate and oversees all mechanical/ electrical operations, maintenance and energy management programmes; ensuring risk is minimised and all works are compliant with safe systems of work
- Take the technical lead in event of emergencies and other incidents
- Acceptance and approval of all works on site including permits to work control
- Act as HV and LV Senior Approved Person
- Part of call out rota
- In charge of toolbox talks and scenario training
- Lead control of Vendors including log books
- Ensure Compliance with record keeping for relevant accreditations
- Involved on a day to day basis with use of financial systems in respect of ordering / cost control and follow up with repairs and remedial works.
- Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated with the raised floor environment including fire/life safety, plumbing, mechanical, bonding, wire ways, and electrical systems and equipment.
- Plan, implement, coordinate and supervise all mechanical/electrical operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment.
- Manage, direct, and coordinate the activities of contracted personnel or third parties who are providing services or performing work within the assigned property and ensure all method statements and permits are in order.
- Oversee scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Ensure that reactive and preventive maintenance activities are appropriately balanced; monitors current and deferred maintenance backlogs; adjusts priorities and/or resources as needed and ensures that deferred maintenance is adequately documented.
- Recommend/implement improvements to the preventive maintenance program on an on-going basis. Devise technical enhancements to improve various aspects of building operations.
- Recommend what work should be insourced or subcontracted consult with Senior Manager when making decisions on major changes.
- Utilizes maximum capabilities of CMMS control system. Ensures that all appropriate data is entered into the CMMS system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of each building system.
- Monitor all allocations of building system capabilities to various base building and tenant needs.
- Act as primary technical resource for Site Engineers, Property Management and various groups.
- Ensure that team receives adequate technical, administrative, scenario and any other training as required with local code
- Coordinate development of and/or maintain as-built drawings.
- Evaluate, assign and monitor the safe work responsibilities and capabilities of employees and contractors; ensure adherence to safety requirements and prescribed procedures, as well as utilization of protective equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory Health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable all local codes, government agencies, ISO standards 9001, 14001, 27001, 50001 and all other DLR directives as they relate to building operations
- Coordinate maintenance efforts and build relationships with all critical vendors. Track all vendors’ performance through KPI and regular meetings.
- Maintain ongoing communication with tenants, owners, property management.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fires, evacuation, equipment failure, call outs etc.) and customer concerns and to be available to work outside normal hour, night’s weekend when required.
- To be part of a call out rota as required
- Implement and administer inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
- Maintain regular meetings with other departments during any construction or fit out works on site, to ensure there is minimal or no risk to the day to day operations. Once complete ensure works are complete and commissioned in accordance with or clients standards.
- Maintain cost effective and efficient operation of all building systems.
- Understand the budgeting process and work with the DCM and Property Management team on tracking, managing operational and capital project and expenditure.
- Recognized formal electrical training (City and Guilds etc).
- Experience and Knowledge of Operation of Critical Building infrastructure (Electrical, Mechanical and Building Fabric)
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with many groups and disciplines within our clients organisation.
- Must be self-driven, well organized and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Reliable, setting high standards of personal commitment
- Achieve the Company financial, operational and growth goals.
- Develop and optimise Company policies, processes, standards and management system.
- Create and implement business development strategies and oversee activities that ensure the contract delivers to acceptable quality, safety standards and budgetary standards
- Review services proposals and plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects on time and on target.
- Review purchases and procurement and maximize Company gain on best prices and terms and Conditions.
- Review all Contracts and secure Company interests are well guarded.
- Oversee activities of designated services to ensure that goals are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Oversee work plans and resources for each phase of services contracts, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of personnel
- Prepare the annual budget and ensure targets are adhered to.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with customers, employees, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to review on-going operations, trouble-shoot areas needing corrective action, issues related to employees, etc.
- Comply with all applicable rules and regulations of the local authorities and statutory requirements.
- Bachelor Degree / Master Degree in Engineering / Facilities Management preferred
- A minimum of 12 years’ facility management experience
- 3 Years’ experience in a General Manager role or multiple leading roles such as Operations, Sales, or Projects in a Facilities Management company
- Demonstrated success in project management and team execution
- Knowledge in Facility Management Services and Maintenance
- Excellent communications skills in English.
- Strong Sales and Marketing Background and display a “go get them” attitude
- Posse excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills and team building skills
- Possess ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to guide employees toward goal achievement
- Possess proven experience working effectively with people of all social, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrate ability to express ideas clearly in written documents and presentations
- Possess strong analytical, organizational, management and computer skills.
- Bonus package based on pro-active job completion
- Overtime available
- Pension option
- Employee recognition scheme
- In-house and extra qualification training available
- Vehicle can be used for personal use (if declared
- Detailed description:
- To provide heating, gas & HVAC engineering support to large scale commercial, retail, social housing, educational, public houses, catering and government facilities.
- complete PPM and reactive maintenance to boilers, burners, pumps and valves, gas feeds, hot water systems, water flow and return, venting, heating controllers, wet plumbing including radiators, pipework, tanks and cylinders flow and return etc...plus some HVAC plant and general building services maintenance.
- Qualified Heating/Combustion Engineer with Commercial ACS
- Domestic ACS
- HVAC, Mechanical or Electrical tickets
- Ideally LPG
- Experience of service and maintenance operations across mobile contracts
- Electrical knowledge or 17th edition is desirable but not essential experience of Building Services (HVAC industry) - willingness to travel and operate on helpdesk controlled contracts