Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast – now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on..
Our Partner Engineering team is responsible for delivering the Prime Video experience on the devices customers have in their Living Room. From the latest SmartTVs, games consoles, streaming media players and set-top boxes, we make sure our customers can enjoy our great selection of content in the best quality, whatever their device. As we expand, we’re looking for a Software Development Manager to help us build a new generation of partner-facing tools and services, that scale to meet our ambitious goals for supporting Prime Video on every device that a customer wants to watch on. The role provides an opportunity to lead and grow a team of engineers that own our approach to validating the Prime Video experience on a multitude of devices, building on our internal platforms and developing innovate solutions, to ensure that we can rapidly validate that any device meets our criteria for launching the Prime Video app. You’ll be joining an agile team with engineers from a broad range of backgrounds, who collaborate and share their expertise across a wide range of technologies, from micro-services on AWS, to low-level high-performance embedded code, to designing testability into our core technology. As a senior member of the team, the Software Development Manager will be responsible for how we scale our software and technology to solve this critical business problem as well as contributing as a leader across the wider Partner Engineering area.
If you are passionate about taking your management and software engineering skills to the next level, excited about the opportunity to work closely with partners across the globe, and enjoy immersing yourself in the latest digital video experiences, we might be the right place for you.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· Analytical skills, excellent communication, strong team ethic, and attention to detail.
· Demonstrable success in launching projects and delivering results.
· Strong experience managing software engineering teams and developing technical direct reports.
· Hands-on and technical: Solid systems design, problem solving, ability to code, and contribute to on-going development and development practices.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Msc in Computer science or Computer Engineering
· Domain experience building and operating services
· Experience of systems and processes to validate and assert quality of consumer electronics devices
· A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments