What our client does.
They help organisations develop their ideas and processes.
How they do it.
They provide tools, consultancy and support that covers the whole innovation lifecycle through bespoke ideation workshops to design, develop, finance and help commercialise technology products, processes and services.
Who they do it for.
They work with the best and brightest organisations.
Our client is a unique mix of scientists, technologists, business leaders, strategists, engineers, mathematicians, programmers, attorneys, IP experts, and support staff. Their connection with the research world makes sure that they always have access to the latest knowledge in science and innovation.
They help organisations develop their ideas from as early as just the conceptual phase through the development phase to fully commercialised products, processes and services.
Our client asks for open-minded people that enjoy creating new products and services, which dare to challenge how things are done today and are unafraid of what tomorrow will bring. New ideas often originate and improve when multiple disciplines work together. Their employees embrace this, crossing boundaries and connecting with other disciplines.
They currently have a new opportunity for a Innovation Consultant – Bid Writer to join the team, where they offer a salary of between £40,000 and £50,000 and a number of benefits, the role is based in Cambridge, however they are happy for individuals to work from home and travel to Cambridge on a weekly basis, applications are also considered from EU professionals willing to relocate, a relocation package will be discussed at interview stage.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Authoring and supporting development, writing, and editing of a variety of materials for proposals concerned with business impact, technology management and technical contributions for collaborative R&D funding
- Conduct market research and analysis to the level of detail required to demonstrate sufficient impact for a fundable project
- Research competing technical solutions in order to formulate a cogent thesis for the proposed solution
- Write high quality, interdisciplinary research proposals
- Assisting with ideas generation workshops to create innovation concepts and solutions for our clients and carrying out due diligence/techno-economic feasibility of resulting ideas
- Authoring detailed and well-structured research and development proposals that meet the eligibility criteria
- Liaising with suitable industrial and academic partners to gather information for submission of research proposals
- Ensuring proposals are prepared, initially assessed and submitted to the required standard and deadlines
- Review, edit and improve bid and proposal documents
- Communicate effectively with technical staff, industrial clients and research partners
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) in a scientific, technical or business discipline
- Experience or keen interest in commercial factors related to new product development
- Strong persuasive writing skills, preferably demonstrated by a proven track record of proposal / bid writing
- Knowledge of commercial and public funding proposals (e.g. FP7, H2020, Innovate UK) is preferable
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects to meet deadlines
- A passion for writing, an eye for detail and high quality standards