The Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of construction projects. This will include providing leadership to contractors, vendors and consultants. Project assignments will generally be regional; however, projects out of region may be assigned. The Project Manager will manage challenging deliverables against aggressive project expectations and will report to the Director of Construction. The candidate will have overall responsibility for delivering the assigned project(s) safely, on budget, on time, while ensuring that the project scope and quality meet the Design Standards and the objectives set for the project. It is imperative that the Project Manager follows the gating process and utilises the standard project management tools and gating portal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the various contractors and vendors in the delivery of projects.
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously as required
· Ensure safety is the top priority of all project members and adhere to local health and safety legislation on behalf of our client
· Responsible for creating and managing project schedules.
· Responsible for creating and managing project budgets.
· Responsible for project quality assurance.
· Serve as a key liaison with managers of all company departments including executive management, operations, sales and finance.
· Liaise with clients where applicable and manage both their needs and expectations.
· Ensure adherence of the Project Delivery / Management Standards by all project participants on all projects.
· Responsible for Monthly Project reporting to the Director of Construction to assure that budget,schedule and scope objectives are being achieved by the project teams.
This Position Summary has been created to be used as a guideline for the position, and it is not intended to be a complete description of the duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications required of this position. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required of this position.
· Assist with preparation of requests for proposals to Contractors and Consultants, including detailed evaluations and recommendations.
· Adhere to the Gating Process. Completing all required PM tasks and upload information to Gating Portal as required.
· Brief and instruct the Project Team of their roles and responsibilities.
· Develop and maintain the Project Execution Plan for the project(s)
· Monitor the Project Team in their general performance of their services.
· Monitor the distribution of information between the Project Team and between the Project Team and third parties.
· Establish risk and opportunity management procedures and exercises including an early warning system which identifies potential risks or changes
· Ensure all project scope and risk is managed through supply chain appointments
· Liaise with the insurance advisers over the insurance requirements for the project(s)
· Assist in negotiating contracts with vendors as necessary. Review and become fully conversant with all legal contracts on the Project(s)
· Responsible for handover of Project(s) to operations team, including the resolution of all defects
This position directs and monitors the contractors and vendors in performance of duties on projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative, but not exclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or similar) and a minimum of ten years of related project management experience of technically complex projects
Required and experience of delivering projects (multiple) from ten million plus.
Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret complex business documents. Ability to make effective presentations and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Requires a high level of commitment to customer service, whether co‐workers or clients. Ability to work with many groups and disciplines including executive management, design, operations, sales and finance.
This Position Summary has been created to be used as a guideline for the position, and it is not intended to be a complete description of the duties, responsibilities,or qualifications required of this position. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required of this position.
Requires general knowledge of design and construction terms, principles and contracts.
Requires the ability to develop, review and analyse budgets and estimates.
Ability to analyse and solve problems involving several options with limited information. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently. Must have a proven project management track record. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Must have general knowledge of electrical, mechanical, security, BMS and fire systems as well as standard practices in the design and construction industry. Must be familiar with basic building code requirements.
Ability to understand and interpret design drawings, construction drawings, construction specifications, design and construction contracts, project schedules and detailed budgets / estimate summaries. Ability to project manage effectively. Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences. Requires good organisational skills, attention to detail and an openness to new ideas and procedures. Experienced in the use of MS Office software.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for meeting work unit and/or project deadlines.
City of London
City of London
City of London
City of London
1 year ago